Thursday, October 24, 2013

10/24/13

I decided to document two days in a row to show how vastly different our schedule is from day to day. This is October 24, 2013.

3:30 am- R wakes up for his middle of the night feeding. I feed him, change his diaper, rock him, & eventually he falls asleep in his crib (after a few false alarms).
5:00 am- My turn to get in the bed & I quickly fall asleep. 
6:00 am- R wakes up & fusses/plays/grunts in his crib for about 15 minutes. Right when I decide to get up and try to soothe him back to sleep he falls asleep on his own. So do I. 
6:50 am- R is up again. Since we typically start our day between 7-8 am, I go ahead & get up. He gets a bottle, burped, diaper change, and a clothes change. It's pretty chilly by Alabama standards & since R doesn't have many long sleeved onesies in his size I put him in some sleep & play pj's. (I plan to run a few errands in yoga pants today... If I can wear pj's all day so can he.)
7:25 am- R gets playtime on his activity mat. I pump, brush my teeth & hair, wash bottles, start menu planning & working on a grocery list, text my stepmother about the weekend (R is sleeping over -SCORE!) & scarf down my breakfast. While pumping I update our baby app, start this post & quickly skim Pinterest. 
8:15 am- R is tired of his playmat & gets fussy. I pick him up & we walk around the house talking. J wakes up around 8:30 & of course R is just ecstatic to see his Daddy. They talk for a few minutes. Then J gets ready for work R & I walk around some more. He starts drifting off. As soon as I put him in his rock & play he wakes up. 
8:45 am- I rock R & J leaves for work. R falls asleep & I turn on Netflix. While R sleeps, I read today's devotional, check Facebook, read blogs, update this post, work on today's to-do list, & work on a grocery list. 
9:50 am- R wakes up & gets a bottle & a diaper change. 
10:30 am- I put him on his play mat so I can get dressed & ready to run errands. 
10:40 am- We leave to run our errands. First we go to Target because I have a gift card from my Aunt & I need some pants to tide me over until I can fit (& not look sausage-y) in my pre-pregnancy clothes. Instead, I find cute clothes for R, & buy some quick groceries ice cream. While at Target, J texts to let me know he's working late at work tonight & won't get off until 8. Boo. :( R & I decide to buy him a little gift to say thanks. We also go to the credit union & bank. R slept pretty much the entire time. He only woke up to let me know I was standing still too long for his liking. 
12:35 - We're home. R stays asleep long enough for me to unload the car, put the frozen stuff away, & start microwaving my lunch (lean pocket). Once he wakes up, I feed him a bottle, burp him, & change his diaper. 
1:10 pm- R gets to play on his mat while I eat my lukewarm lunch. During lunch, I update our baby app and this post & check Facebook. 
1:20 pm- Lunch is over. I wash bottles from this morning & boil water for his next set of bottles. 
1:30 pm- R is over the play mat, so we play for a bit. I sneak in some tummy time & put lotrimin on his face. He gets pissed & cries himself to sleep. He was seriously screaming one second and asleep the next! I imagine he'll be awake again in a minute.
1:50 pm- R is asleep on my lap & I don't want to move (for fear of waking the monster), so I turn on Netflix & play on my phone because the remote & phone  are the only things within arms' reach. 
1:55 pm- R wakes up & finishes his crying. I carry him around superhero style & he falls right back to sleep. I put him in his r&p. He wakes up a few minutes later so I pick him up & grab a few things to work on while R sleeps on me. 
2:05 pm- We chill out in the recliner. R is asleep on my chest. Netflix is playing. I update this post, update the checkbook, eat some ice cream, and pay a few bills. 
3:15 pm- I decide to take a quick nap too so we both lie down in my bed. R is still fast asleep. I doze a bit while watching tv, it's just good to be able to rest in the bed a bit. 
3:55 pm- R wakes up and he is  hungry. He screams while I warm up his bottle. I feed him, burp him, & change his diaper. He's been pretty content with 4 oz bottles all day today, so I guess yesterday was just a fluke & he was extra hungry.  
4:30 pm- We have some playtime. He sits in his bumbo, we read books, play on his mat, walk around, do tummy time, and dance. 
5:15 pm- We transition from playing to rocking/cuddling. He's been yawning & I'd like him to take a cat nap soon. In general, I try to keep him awake from 6:30 until his bedtime. But, I'll be the first to admit that it doesn't always work like that. R getting the appropriate amount of sleep is more important than my arbitrary scheduling rules. I sing him OCMS's Wagon Wheel (only song I could think of at the time) & he falls asleep around 5:35.
5:50 pm- I lay R down in the r&p & set up bedtime stuff. Then it's time to eat dinner really quickly before R wakes up. 
6:15 pm- R wakes up & is a little fussy but content to stay in the r&p as long as it's moving. He's grunting a lot, so I imagine a dirty diaper is in my future. I finish dinner & dessert while rocking R & watching some tv. 
6:30 pm- He's finished grunting so I change his poopy diaper. Then we go back to the living room to play for a minute. He's pretty hungry & I feel bad making him wait until after 8 to eat, so I give him his bedtime bottle. I only expected him to eat half, but he cried every time I took the bottle away to burp him. He eats all 6 oz. We play. 
7:30 pm- Bedtime routine. He's asleep by 8.
8:00 pm- I empty the tub & make his night time bottle. Since J is at work & R is asleep I use this time to get on our real computer & pay some bills, check facebook/blogs, update this entry, etc. I should be cleaning and/or taking a shower, but that can wait until tomorrow.
9:00 pm- J is home!!! Finally. We catch up real quick. He's hungry & I'm tired. Not very conducive to deep conversation.
9:15 pm - I get in the bed & watch tv until I fall asleep (usually around 10ish). J is eating dinner in the living room. As much as I'd like to stay awake and visit with him, I am dreading waking up at 4am(-ish).

No comments:

Post a Comment