Saturday, November 9, 2013

Two Months




I can't believe R is now two months old. Wasn't he just born like a week ago?


Here's what you've been up to during your second month:

- Graduated into size 1 diapers and outgrew your newborn outfits.

- Have a pretty noticeable flat spot on the right side of the back of his head. You also spend a lot of the time looking to the right, so we've spent the last few weeks focusing on tummy time and getting you to look to the left. (I was actually kind of worried you might have wry neck, but you've been looking to the left more often so I don't worry about it anymore.)

- LOVE bath time. At first, you weren't sure what to think, but now you squeal and splash and smile up a storm. It's exhausting for me, but I (or J) do it every night because you seem so happy in the bath. (We don't use soap every night.) You also love your activity mat and being held superhero/koala/sloth style. You usually calm down when I sing OCMS's Wagon Wheel.


- Hate tummy time. That's pretty much all there is to say about that. Although, for a baby who despises it as much as you do, you have a pretty strong neck.

- Had a play date with Eli, sleepovers at Mimsy & Pops and Grammy & Grandaddy, and took a trip to the pumpkin patch.


- Cry real tears, give social smiles, blow spit bubbles, are getting talkative and working on facial expressions. And every single one of those things is so stinking adorable.



- Keep your hands by your face when you eat (& sometimes knock your bottle out of your mouth), like to bury your face when you sleeps in someone's arms, spit out your paci & get mad about not having it, cry & fight being burped.

- Your doctor informed us that you had sebborheaic dermatitis at about 5 weeks. We started using lotrimin on your face everyday and it's cleared right up!

- Had a little growth spurt around 6.5-8 weeks.

- Started following some semblance of a sleeping schedule. You usually start the day around 8-9, take a morning-ish nap, an early afternoon nap, and an early evening nap. (The times vary, but we try to wake you up from your last nap by 7.) Then we do bedtime around 7:45-8:30. You usually wake up once during the night. Sometimes it's at 2:30 am, sometimes it's at 5:30 am. We just never know. You still want to fall asleep in someone's arms instead of by yourself. (But, somehow you're pretty good at self-soothing during the middle of the night.) We're going to start working on letting you fall asleep on by yourself soon in the next few months. I'm trying to determine the best least traumatic way to do this.


- Bumped up to a 6 ounce bottle. You usually eat every 3-4 hours. You just weren't satisfied after 4 ounces.

- Mommy started working. And it's been harder for me than it's been for you. You love spending time with daddy.



Ryker,
It's amazing to watch you grow and learn right before our eyes. Your daddy and I are constantly amazed by you. And you are certainly changing everything about me! For as long as I can remember I have always been impatient for the future. Always planning for the next part of my life. In school I couldn't wait to be in college. In college I couldn't wait to be married and working. When I was married and working, I couldn't wait to be a mom. For the first time in my life, I am so content living my day-to-day life. And boy, those days are flying by. I am doing my best to soak up every single second of being your mommy. Happy Two Months, Baby Boy! You couldn't be loved more. I thank God for you every single day.






No comments:

Post a Comment