Sunday, March 2, 2014

Bad Haircut

At 26, I'm suffering from my first bad hair cut. Which is actually a pretty good record for women, I know.
But after 26 years of having ok to great haircuts, it makes this one sting all the more.
It makes a bad haircut such a big deal that I actually take time to write about it in my blog.

To start, I am not a salon loyalist. I usually go to a chain that has the shortest wait. Then I show the stylist 2-3 pictures I like. And it has worked every single time. Until yesterday. Yesterday I only wanted a trim because I loved my December haircut. I showed the woman a picture of what I wanted:

via http://www.misteranhcotran.com/


This is more like what I got:

(Minus the bangs. She went after them & I told her that my bangs were fine as is. I'm too embarrassed to take a pic. Image via today.com.)



It looks like I'm back in that awkward, growing-out-a-pixie-cut hair style. And it makes my round face look rounder (oh hai, double chin!). And... it's actually not terrible since I love short hair. Just not this particular style on me.



I'm trying to look on the bright side.
1. She saved me a ton of money because now I don't have to get regular trims on a cut that I love. Instead I'll spend the next 6 months to a year growing it out to be the original length I requested.
2. Less shampoo & blow drying? This is an untested theory.
3. I look like a flapper. Which is awesome. Because I love the 20's rebellious women. Unfortunately, I am not as thin as flappers, so no one will automatically think Roaring 20's when they see my Daisy Buchanan-esque hair.


No comments:

Post a Comment