Wednesday, December 28, 2011

2011 Review


2011 was a big year for us!

January: We said goodbye to J's brother & his family. They moved to Guatemala to be missionaries. This was taken the night before they left.
February: Worked, mostly. My school's homecoming happens in February, so I got to spend a weekend visiting with the Alumni from the 50's & 60's. Those ladies are awesome (& their husbands too)!

March: Spring Break with the Nerds! Instead of the traditional beach trip, we chose to go to a cabin in the mountains about 30ish minutes outside of Ashville, NC. This was the view from our back porch.

April: We focused on fixing up the house & getting ready for my graduation, then tornadoes ripped through our state. I count myself so lucky to not have been affected by these, but I did see the devastation they caused across this beautiful state of mine, and I was awed at the sense of community this disaster created. If nothing else, I learned that we know how to be tenacious in the moment and unite in the wake. Even now, 8 months later, we are still united in picking up the pieces.


May: I graduated & began my first real big girl job. We moved the same weekend of my graduation. One brother graduated high school & another
turned 15. May was cuh-ray-zee.


My graduation!
Joe's graduation!







Watch out guys. This one will be on the road next year!

June: Cruised to Mexico with my family & celebrated our 2nd Anniversary.

July
: Participated in SCT's production of "The Curious Savage" and we finally finished all the house details & threw a small housewarming bbq (complete with burgers, hot dogs, bon fires, & a slip-&-slide!)!

August: Spending time with baby Adley Mae (who was technically born in the last days of July).


September: My 24th (eek) birthday. I'm definitely feeling like a grown up now... My nephew got me a cute toy cat.

October: J's 38th birthday! And I got a new job. It was sad saying goodbye to all my friends, but it had to be done. He really wanted to recreate a picture of his grandparents... so we did.

November: Was mostly spent adjusting to my new job. We (my office) hosted a Veteran's Day event & it was so humbling to be a part of that.

December: We are enjoying spending time with J's sister & her family before they move across the globe (also to be missionaries)!



It's ironic & a little sad for us how the year 2011 is bookended with goodbyes (but we know it's all for the glory of God). This was definitely a year of change and growth here on Self Lane. And I can't wait to see what 2012 has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment