Wednesday, December 28, 2011

2012

Resolutions:

I spent the last few weeks thinking about resolutions. There are the typical ones like "lose weight" and "get out of debt" and "grow in my faith" (the last one has become a trend for me over the past few years) but I think it would be a mistake to make those my New Years' Resolutions (yet again). My weight has always been an issue, so to say that I can spend one year "losing weight" and not have to worry about it in 2013 or '14 etc would be a little delusional. The same with my desire to improve my walk with God. And debt. These are some elements of my life that will probably always be with me. I imagine that I will always struggle with weight and finances (self control, really) and faith/fear/questions, these are not things that I can say I will conquer in 2012 & never have to think about again... All of this to say that these very important items are not my resolutions, but they are things that will be with me throughout the next 12 months (and beyond). Just because they aren't on the list does not mean I will not attempt to do something about them this year.

But I digress.

2012's New Year's Resolution:
To have at least one new experience every month. This could be learning about something new or something from my 100 in 1001 list. The goal of this is mostly to make me step out of my comfort zone. It's so easy to get bogged down in the day to day junks, and sometimes I use that as an excuse. But not anymore, I will force myself to expand my horizons through this easy to keep resolution. (I also like that it doesn't automatically set me up for failure.)

May 2012 be exactly what we make of it!




No comments:

Post a Comment