Thursday, August 22, 2013

38 Weeks: Losing Patience

How far along:
38 Weeks.

How big is the baby:
Baby is the size of a stalk of a leek.
-image via Babycenter


Weight gain/Maternity clothes:
Gained this week: +3.0
Total Gain: +23.4

I have no comments on this. Except that I don't foresee weight gain slowing down anytime soon. I'm so hungry!

Movement?
Yep. Still have a lot of movement. Which is nice.

Food cravings/aversions?
Milk mostly. But I can (& do) usually eat just about anything. Except salads. Tried to eat one last weekend. Felt sick all day long.

Gender?
BOY!

Symptoms?
fatigue, sensitivity to smells, nausea, vomiting (exorcist style), vivid dreams, big belly, elevated temperature & lots of sweating, swelling, heartburnhip pain, drooling, gas, increased thirst, difficulty breathing (only because all of my insides are squished from the giant baby), pressure on my cervix/bladder, irritability, carpal tunnel, difficulty moving around (especially sitting up, standing up from sitting on the floor).


What do I miss?
So much. And maybe that's contributing to my impatience.

Labor Signs: This is the state of my cervix. And it will be grossSkip it if you want. This whole blog is mostly for my documentation anyways. You've been warned..............  
At my weekly appointment yesterday I was dilated 1.5 cm, 50% effaced, and Ryker was in the -3 position. Progress is still being made (although it's not as much as I'd like...).

The doctor said that if he had to guess, he'd put money on sometime late next week. But, predicting labor is only a guessing game... so I'm not putting a whole lot on next week. However, I have noticed that every time I go to the doctor I come home feeling like there's so much to do & so little time to do it in... So, I usually spend the evenings of my doctor's appointment cleaning/packing/organizing/etc... Maybe I should go more often? My house would be so much cleaner!


This Week:
Ryker has really plumped up. He now weighs about 6.8 pounds (or more) and is over 19.5 inches long. He has a firm grasp and his organs are mature and ready for life on the outside. DID YOU HEAR THAT RYKER? YOU CAN COME ON OUT ANYTIME NOW!!!! (I'm a little over pregnancy right now.)

-From Babycenter.com



Bump Shot: Wet hair, don't care. 




No comments:

Post a Comment