Friday, August 30, 2013

39 Weeks: Waiting Game

How far along:
39 Weeks.

How big is the baby:
Baby is the size of a mini watermelon.
-image via Babycenter


Weight gain/Maternity clothes:
Gained this week: +2.6
Total Gain: +26.0

It seems like I've given up on any semblance of keeping to my goal weight of gaining only 20 lbs. Honestly, I've given up on just about everything except getting this baby out of me! As far as clothes go, now that I'm at home I wear as little as possible. Partly because I don't like clothes, partly because I'm trying to stay on top of laundry (because OMG he could be coming any minute now!), and partly because all of my comfortable stuff is packed in my hospital bag.

Movement?
His movement has definitely slowed down in the last week. One day he scared me so bad I almost called the doctor (he finally moved around 8:30 that night). What a little stinker. I'm trying to tell myself that he doesn't have any room left & he's gearing up for his entry into the world.

Food cravings/aversions?
Again with the milk. There isn't a whole lot I don't like. Last night I dreamt about Publix raspberry tea. So, I'm going to have to pick that up when I go to the grocery store today.

Gender?
BOY!

Symptoms?
fatigue, sensitivity to smells, nausea, vivid dreams, big belly, elevated temperature & lots of sweating, swelling, heartburnhip pain, drooling, gas, increased thirst, difficulty breathing (only because all of my insides are squished from the giant baby), pressure on my cervix/bladder, irritability, carpal tunnel, difficulty moving around (especially sitting up, standing up from sitting on the floor), insomnia, anxiety & excitement, impatience.


What do I miss?
Having my body to myself! I miss being able to sit up without help (or without it taking a full 5 step process). I miss seeing my toes. I miss being able to bend down to pick something up off the ground. I miss having a lap for my nieces & nephews (& all the organizing work I've been doing lately). I really miss having feeling in my right hand. Let me just say that Ryker is super comfortable on whatever nerve he is sitting on. My right hand is either completely numb or it's tingly all day long. Super annoying.

Labor Signs: This is the state of my cervix. And it will be grossSkip it if you want. This whole blog is mostly for my documentation anyways. You've been warned..............
At my weekly appointment yesterday I was dilated 2 cm, 50% effaced, and Ryker was in the -3 position. Progress is still being made (but barely).

The doctor said that if he had to guess, he'd still guess late in the week. Well, it's Friday and it doesn't get much later in the week than today (or tomorrow). I'm still pretty sure that we'll have to induce after his due date. The doc said they could induce me now that I'm 39 weeks and as tempting as that was (to finally hold Ryker in my arms, to not be pregnant anymore, to work around family schedules...) I declined. We decided to wait until my next appointment (9/3) to schedule an induction. Although, my doctor said he doesn't think I'll make it til then. Unfortunately, there have been no other labor signs. I keep hoping every time I stand up that I'll notice my water has broken. Nothing. No contractions. No Braxton Hicks (that I can tell anyways). Nothing. Ryker is pretty comfy in there.


This Week:
Ryker is still waiting to greet the world (despite my wishes). He continues to put on fat and should weigh over 7 lbs by now (more like 9 lbs, amiright?). He measures over 20 inches long and the outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.

-From Babycenter.com



Bump Shot: 

Had to get one last bathroom shot before I started maternity leave.

2 comments:

  1. i almost cried scrolling down, looking at your weekly bump pictures. so so precious to know that little Rykee is in there! not to mention that you are a beautiful and glowing pregnant woman!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw this comment, Jenise. Thanks! Can't believe it's almost time!

      Delete