Sunday, January 5, 2014

2014 & Finding the Balance

Um... how did 2013 just come and go so quickly? I feel like I should have done a 2013 recap, but we're already a week into 2014 and that ship has sailed.

But, I will say that 2013 was a wonderful, difficult, amazing year!

And 2014 promises to be just as wonderful... As soon as I can figure out how to balance this new life.

Being a working mom is tough. Being a stay at home mom is tough too, but I can only really write about being a working mom.
Most days I feel like I'm juggling a million different balls while riding around on a unicycle. And it is hard/crazy/hectic/trying, but so rewarding. I will admit that there has been many many difficulties as we navigate being a double working parent household on Self Lane. We I am often stressed about every little detail. Are the dishes washed? Is there clean underwear? Has R had enough tummy time? When is the last time I dusted? Do I have to stop by the grocery store on the way home? Or do we have everything we need for dinner tonight? Did I pay the power bill already? When did R wake up from his last nap? Who is watching R today? When does J work, again? Et cetera. And that's just some of the thoughts bouncing around about my wife/mom/home life. Don't forget that one wrong step at work could result in a lawsuit. (It would have to be a big wrong step, but it is something that unnerves me every day.)

So, here's to 2014. Here's to finding the right balance. Here's to making time for myself. Here's to preparing more and worrying less. Because in 2014 I resolve to embrace my new hectic, wonderful life.


No comments:

Post a Comment