Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Working Mom Time

It occurs to me that as much as I love reading about working moms’ (or stay at home moms) schedules & routines, I haven’t documented my own. And I want to record all of the aspects of this journey… and I’m sure that on the next go round I won’t remember what a typical day was like. This isn’t like the posts in October where I documented everything. This is more of a general “this is kind of how we operate on Self Lane” post. So…

5:00 - J’s alarm wakes us all up. J gets up & gets ready. I stay in bed & try to read my daily devotion email.
5:30 - I get ready. Sidenote: showers are not an everyday thing, but fixing my shorter hair takes forever… so ready for it to be long enough for a ponytail again. J leaves around 5:45 - 5:50ish.
6:00 (ish) - R wakes up & plays in his crib for a few minutes.
6:20 (ish) - R gets breakfast (1-2 jars of baby food). He still doesn't put food in his mouth, so I have to feed him. I love to feed him, so it's not a huge deal; but the morning would be a lot more productive if he would feed himself.
6:35 - I pack up our bags & make my food for the day while R plays. He has a diaper bag, I have my purse (with makeup bag), breakfast, and lunch.
6:45 - We leave. I drop R off & put my makeup on at the 4 stoplights I ALWAYS get stuck at on the way to work.
7:00 - 4:30 -  Work. My office closes at 4, so I try to leave as close to 4 as possible, but it’s usually 4:30 before I get out the door. My boss is amazing and lets me work pretty flexible hours as long as my projects are all completed on time. A full time week at my office is 35 hours, so as long as I work 9 hours/day (& get everything accomplished on time) they’re fine with me on the 4 day work week. I cannot say enough wonderful things about my boss. If there are errands to run I try to get them done on the way home or take a lunch break to do them.
5:00 ish - I get home & hang out with J&R/start dinner/clean up the house a little.
6:00 - R eats dinner (1-2 jars of baby food)
6:30 - J&I eat dinner
7:00 - playtime with the baby!!!
7:45 - We start bedtime routine. J & I try to tag team this. One does the lotion/pj change & the other does bedtime story & bottle. While J does pj’s I get the bottle & nursery ready for bed; while I do the story J either cleans the kitchen or works on the computer.
8:30 - I usually get in the bed and watch some tv and catch up on fb/blogs/pinterest until I fall asleep (by 9:30 or 10). I don’t sleep well at night lately, so I’m usually exhausted by this time.

Wednesdays & weekends are obviously a different story altogether. But this is a typical work day for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment