Tuesday, September 10, 2013

40 Weeks: Last Update A Little Overdue

I know this is being published almost a week after Ryker's arrival, but I wrote it on Wednesday and was waiting to take my selfie bump shot. Then... things got a little busy around here.

How far along:
40 Weeks.

How big is the baby:
Baby is the size of a pumpkin. (This just gets me so excited about fall, y'all!)
-image via Babycenter


Weight gain/Maternity clothes:
Gained this week: +2.6
Total Gain: +26.0

I may or may not have forgotten to weigh myself this morning (hint: I did.). I'll weigh myself tomorrow so I can know exactly how much I gained from the day I found out to the day I delivered. As far as clothes go, the less the better.

Movement?
He still moves everyday, although he has really slowed down A LOT in the last week.

Food cravings/aversions?
I still love milk and sweets! And I seriously crave mongolian beef, but Baby Ryker makes me puke it up almost immediately, so...

Gender?
BOY!

Symptoms?

It seems like a lot of my symptoms have subsided now that I'm at home.... Or maybe I'm just so used to them, that I don't remember what it's like to take a deep breath etc. But in an effort to remain consistent:
nausea & vomiting, vivid dreams, big belly, elevated temperature & lots of sweating, swelling, heartburnhip pain, lower back pain (like pms cramps), drooling, gas, increased thirst, difficulty breathing, (only because all of my insides are squished from the giant baby), irritability, carpal tunnel (OMG I have lost all feeling in the fingertips of my right hand), difficulty moving around (especially sitting up, standing up from sitting on the floor), insomnia, anxiety & excitement, impatience.

What do I miss?
So, so much. But it's really all overshadowed by the excitement of meeting my stubborn little guy. I'm also trying to really appreciate these last days of pregnancy since I don't know when it will happen again.

Labor Signs: This is the state of my cervix. And it will be grossSkip it if you want. This whole blog is mostly for my documentation anyways. You've been warned..............
At my weekly appointment yesterday I was dilated 2 cm, 50% effaced, and Ryker was in the -3 position. No change. Womp womp.

We went ahead & scheduled the induction for tomorrow, 9/5/13!!!!!


This Week:
Ryker is still waiting to greet the world. He's fully developed & now we're just waiting.

-From Babycenter.com



Bump Shot: 
Off to the hospital!

No comments:

Post a Comment