Thursday, March 14, 2013

15 Weeks


How far along:
15 Weeks.


How big is the baby:
Baby is the size of an apple.
image via babycenter


Weight gain/Maternity clothes:
Gained 1 lb. Now I'm at -5 lbs. I'm about 60% in maternity clothes now. All pants are maternity, but I'm having a difficult time with shirts. I just ordered a bunch and I think I ordered them too big because they hang almost halfway down my thighs... So I'm mostly trying to wear my longer non-maternity shirts.


Movement?
Little Nerd is moving around a lot in there, I just can't feel it yet. Lately, I've tried to sit really really still and calm my breathing and slow my heartbeat and just focus on trying to feel it move in there. Nothing yet. But it's still very early for a first time mom to feel movements...


Food cravings/aversions?
No real cravings lately. Except junk food. Not sure if that's baby or me. But I am indulging in it for now. At my next appointment we'll test for Gestational Diabetes (approximately 10 weeks earlier than normal tests for GD). I feel like GD is pretty much inevitable because of my weight  family history of diabetes, and increased insulin during ART treatments. So, because I'm pretty sure I will have to spend the rest of this pregnancy on a special diet, I'm indulging now. This is probably the wrong attitude to have about the situation, but it's the one I have.


Gender?
5 weeks away! I'm already thinking about gender reveal ideas!


Symptoms?
Still a little fatigued. I go to bed around 8 or 8:30 every night and then spend all night tossing and turning because I can't get comfortable. Some back and hip pain (especially at night, when it's least convenient). Also, I think I broke my crotch! It's kind of embarrassing to talk about, but I am trying to document everything. The pain is on my left side where my leg meets my torso. In reality, it's probably a pulled muscle from my crazy acrobatic cleaning last weekend. Stuffy nose and a little bit of a nose bleed. Overall, the second trimester is everything I hoped it would be!


What do I miss?
Nothing. Except maybe sleeping all the way through the night. Those days are gone.


Milestones:
Seeing my belly "pop" out. I know that no one else can tell, probably not even J, but I noticed and that has been a very happy moment!


This Week:
Baby Nerd is about 4" long and weighs about 2.5 ounces. Little Nerd is practicing breathing and working on developing air sacs in the lungs. Legs are longer than arms now. All joints and limbs are moving smoothly. Baby Nerd can sense light! If this Baby is anything like its Daddy it prefers the dark. According to Babycenter.com, an ultrasound this week could indicate the gender of the baby.
-From Babycenter.com

And just for fun. Here are some pictures I've taken. You would think that because I'm MARRIED TO A PHOTOGRAPHER there would be some professional baby bump shots. But no, these were taken in my work bathroom. Luckily no one has walked in on me yet. That would be pretty embarrassing.


This was taken around 8.5 weeks.





14 weeks. Love my maternity pants. 



No comments:

Post a Comment