Thursday, March 21, 2013

16 Weeks


How far along:
16 Weeks.


How big is the baby:
Baby is the size of an avocado. And all of a sudden I want Mexican food.
image via babycenter


Weight gain/Maternity clothes:
Lost a little bit this week. Weighing in at 284.9. Pre-pregnancy I was 291-point-something. Still wearing maternity pants. Still having a difficult time with shirts. I'm definitely in that awkward pregnancy phase where regular clothes are too tight or short and I'm not quite big enough for maternity clothes (at least not the shirts).


Movement?
Little Nerd is moving around a lot in there, I just can't feel it yet. Still waiting on the "quickening" to begin.


Food cravings/aversions?
There's no denying that this is J's baby. I've been wanting spicy foods, mexican food, tuna salad, pb&j's, and chili dogs. I also like sweets. No real consistent aversions. Baby still doesn't love vegetables, but that's been happening since before I even knew it existed. (A salad was the first food to make me physically sick about 4 days before we got a positive pregnancy test.)


Gender?
We're so close to finding out! I can't wait. I think the anticipation next month is going to kill me!


Symptoms?
Fatigue, gas, sneezing, breast fullness/tenderness (thankfully, there's no size change yet), irritability, food cravings, frequent urination, mild back pain, occasional headaches.


What do I miss?
Nothing. Nothing at all. I'm even geting used to waking up every 2-3 hours to use the restroom.


This Week:
Baby Nerd's legs are more developed and the head is more erect. The eyes are moving closer to the front of the head and the ears are close to their final position. (According to What to Expect, Baby Nerd will be able to hear soon... Guess it's time to break out the nerd books and start reading them to my little guy or girl.) The pattern of the scalp has begun (let's hope you don't have my widow's peak), but hair is still a little ways off. The heart is pumping 25 quarts of blood each day. The next few weeks will entail a growth spurt for the Nerd.
-From Babycenter.com


Bump Shot: 16 weeks
These pants are very loose in the legs. This is the first time my thighs aren't too big for my pants!


No comments:

Post a Comment