Thursday, March 28, 2013

17 Weeks


How far along:
17 Weeks.


How big is the baby:
Baby is the size of a turnip.
image via babycenter


Weight gain/Maternity clothes:
Starting Weight: 291
Current Weight: 283.9
Total Gain: -7.1
Maternity pants are great. Shirts make me look like a hobo. So I'm fully maternity on the bottom half and trying to stretch my pre-pregnancy wardrobe on the top half. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. You'll see in my bump picture. It's starting to get a little annoying.

Movement?
Little Nerd is starting to piss me off on this one. I've been very patient until recently.


Food cravings/aversions?
Still love tacos and milk (not together). Still hate almost all veggies, but especially hate salads. Which is sad because I used to eat them a lot for lunch. :(


Gender?
Also starting to get a little pissed about this. I know the gender can be seen, but my doctor is making me wait until at least 20 weeks. I understand the reasoning, but I HAVE LOST ALL PATIENCE!!!! Also, the entire month of April is kind of full of scheduling mishaps at work, so I hope we can work around that for the appointment.


Symptoms?
Fatigue, gas, sneezing. I feel like I've had these so long that it doesn't even seem like I'm pregnant anymore. Back pain cuts into sleep. Which leads to fatigue and irritability. Massive irritability.


What do I miss?
Not much. Shirts that cover my belly. Not getting angry/sad over every little thing. Wearing my wedding ring. Shorter, manageable hair, but that has more to do with the daddy and not so much the baby.


This Week:
Little Nerd's skeleton is hardening into bone. So I should feel movement soon. The umbilical cord is growing stronger and thicker. Little Nerd weighs 5 ounces and is 5 inches long. Sweat glands are starting to develop. Sorry Baby nerd, but your mommy and daddy both sweat a lot. There's no getting around this one.
-From Babycenter.com

Bump Shot: 17 Weeks
(Maternity pants=saggy butt for me.
Pre-Preggo shirt only covers down to my belly button. These too big camis I got for Christmas have been a lifesaver! I wear them pretty much every day to cover my belly.)

No comments:

Post a Comment