Thursday, April 4, 2013

18 Weeks


How far along:
18 Weeks.


How big is the baby:
Baby is the size of a bell pepper.
image via babycenter


Weight gain/Maternity clothes:
Starting Weight: 291
Current Weight: 284.7
Total Gain: -6.3
My wardrobe is still the mullet of clothes. Regular on top, maternity on the bottom. Normal prepregnancy tops only reach my belly button (unless they were tunic-y to begin with). I tried wearing a maternity top to work earlier this week and felt kind of like a slob.

Movement?
I think maaaaaaaybe I felt it move. Or I had gas.


Food cravings/aversions?
Right now I love love love chicken sandwiches with cheese and mayo and mustard. Seriously, I've pretty much eaten them for breakfast lunch and dinner since Easter. (Mother-in-law made a chicken for Easter lunch, so I've been attacking our leftovers.) I still like spicy foods and sweet foods and lately the sour part of sour patch watermelon gummies. But right now a chicken sandwich is all I want. Think I may go eat one now. Spoiler alert: I ate the sandwich in record time.
We still dislike vegetables. So it's been difficult eating healthy, but I've been trying to find some stuff Little Nerd likes. Asparagus and broccoli are ok. Salad is the devil.

Gender?
Still not sure. Originally when we started trying to have a baby, I wanted a girl and he wanted a boy. Now it seems our preferences have switched. Of course, we'll be ecstatic either way. The best part is that we get to find out in 3 weeks!


Symptoms?
fatigue. irritability. headaches. gas. sneezing. occasional shortness of breath. belly is starting to get in the way when picking up something off the floor or putting on shoes (boots & sandals mostly). hips get stiff when sitting too long (at work, when there's a big deadline looming). back aches when getting a little too crazy about spring cleaning. also, been having some very vivid dreams about my mother and stepmother... sometimes they're like nightmares. maybe my anxiety about becoming a mother is surfacing?


What do I miss?
Not much. This second trimester is pretty awesome. I do miss being able to take 4-ish pills (usually ibuprofen) for my killer headaches.


This Week:
Baby Nerd is 5.5 inches long and weighs about 7 ounces. Little Nerd is flexing arms and legs and blood vessels are visible though thin skin. The ears are now in their final position. Guess that means Baby Nerd has been entertained with our nightly viewings of Star Wars. :)
-From Babycenter.com

Bump Shot: 18 Weeks



4 comments:

  1. movement?? yay!! that is the best, best feeling! CAN NOT WAIT TILL APRIL 23rd!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah! Movement OR gas. I think probably gas....
      April 23 cannot get here fast enough!!! You'll probably have to check your email or facebook on the 24th, though, because of the time difference. We'll probably try to send something to y'all privately.

      Delete
  2. Cant wait to find out what I can start buying =) and Keylan's favorite sour candy is sour patch watermelons too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me wither! We secretly already bought something for a boy nursery and are just holding on to the receipt for return if it's a girl. All this talk of Sour Patch makes me want to stop and get some for work today. Lol.

      Delete