Thursday, April 11, 2013

19 Weeks


How far along:
19 Weeks.


How big is the baby:
Baby is the size of a tomato.
image via babycenter


Weight gain/Maternity clothes:
Starting Weight: 291
Current Weight: 287.5
Total Gain: -3.5
Somebody gained a lot of weight this week!
Still in maternity pants (and super stretchy pre-preggo pants) & normal tops. Have started looking for more maternity tops, since I only have 3 "maternity" shirts & regular tops are getting more difficult to stretch.

Movement?
Last week was a false alarm. Only gas. I haven't felt anything. Boo, Baby Nerd.


Food cravings/aversions?
Well, the chicken and mayo sandwich cravings have dissipated. Lately (as in yesterday), I'm having a hard time finding stuff I like to eat. A lot of things sound ok, but once I start eating them they just don't taste good or they make my tummy hurt. I don't even like brownies right now!

Gender?
2 Weeks (!!!!!!!!) til we find out!

Symptoms?
fatigue. irritability. DAILY headaches. gas. sneezing. crampiness. mild heartburn. growing belly is getting in the way. posture changes. hip pain (almost constant for the last 3-4 days). minor back aches. vivid dreams.


What do I miss?
I love growing this baby, but I would like some hip pain relief. Also, I've been trying to talk/sing a lot so the baby will know my voice (since I'm normally pretty quiet), sometimes I feel a little like a crazy woman walking around the house talking to myself.


This Week:
Baby Nerd is focusing on sensory development this week. The brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, and touch. Baby Nerd can hear me now, which is why I walk around muttering to myself. Little Nerd is 8.5 ounces and 6 inches long (whoa, half a foot and half a pound, that seems so surreal.) Hair is sprouting, although probably not, since I'm pretty sure the Nerd will be a baldy.
-From Babycenter.com



Bump Shot: 19 Weeks


And a comparison shot (I didn't realize I was wearing pretty much the exact same outfit!):


2 comments:

  1. You're not crazy you are practicing for when Baby Nerd is here and you talk to them all the time but never respond, which you will also do in the middle of Walmart.

    I love the comparison shot =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Can;t wait to bring the craziness out of the house.

      Delete