Monday, April 15, 2013

Boy or Girl?


A little fun for the week leading up to our anatomy scan!

Chinese Gender Chart
Uses the mother’s age and month of conception = BOY
Using my lunar age and month of conception = GIRL

Mayans
Uses mother’s age at conception & year of conception. If both are even or both are odd, it’s a girl. If one is even and one is odd, it’s a boy. I was 25 in 2012, so this says BOY.

Nausea:
A girl will make you more nauseous. I was pretty nauseous for the first 14 weeks or so (Once got sick while driving down the road. Didn’t even pull over. Puking Champ, right here.). I’m counting it as a GIRL.

Heart Rate:
This says that if baby’s heartbeat is above 140 bpm, then it’s a girl. If it’s below 140 bpm, it’s a boy. The heart rate has always been in the 150’s – 160’s. GIRL.

Cravings:
If baby is a girl, momma will crave more sweets. If it’s a boy, momma craves more sour and salty. I’ve craved them all (hello chips in my ice cream!), but mostly spicy. So this is kind of inconclusive.

Acne:
A girl will cause acne because of all the extra hormones. If I’m being honest, my skin has been clearer since getting pregnant. There are occasional zits of course, but it’s mostly clear, so I’m saying BOY.

Clumsiness:
If you’re more clumsy, it’s a boy. If you’re graceful, it’s a girl. No one can accuse me of being graceful lately, so BOY it is.

Boobs:
If you’re boobs grow a lot, that means it’s a girl. Mine haven’t grown at all! BOY.

Sleep:
If you prefer to sleep on your left side, it’s a girl. If you prefer your right side, it’s a boy. I’d prefer to sleep on my back! Sleeping on my sides makes me toss and turn all night (which is much more difficult when there’s a pillow between your knees that has to be re-adjusted every single time you move!). Overall, I guess I prefer left, so this says GIRL.

Hands:
Softer hands indicate a girl, rougher hands indicate a boy. Mine are still pretty soft (although pretty dry). GIRL.

High or Low:
If you feel heaviness up high it’s a girl. If you feel heaviness down low it’s a boy. There is no doubt about it, the heaviness is definitely low! BOY.

Ring Test:
Tie your wedding ring to a piece of string and hold it over your belly. If it swings in circles it’s a boy. If it swings back and forth, it’s a girl. It swung in circles, BOY.



Verdict:

Boy= 7

Girl= 5
Almost a 50/50 split. 

2 comments:

  1. My initial thought was that we were having a girl. That was super early in the pregnancy. Then I just had this feeling that it was a boy. Only my Dad and one of the girls at work actually voiced that they thought we were having a girl. Brandon secretly wanted a little girl all along.
    It's funny looking back at all of the old wive's tales now that we're having a daughter. =)
    -I carried super LOW.
    -Ring test said it was a boy.
    -Chinese Gender Prediction was girl based off IVF and FET dates.
    -I had NO nausea at all.
    -Elliana had a super LAZY heart rate and still does.
    -No acne, little breast growth in the beginning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah. Isn't funny how these old wives tales are only correct about 50% of the time? We aren't putting any stock in these; but I was surprised how many say boy since J & I both think it's a girl. I guess we'll find out in a week!
    Hope you're doing well! Don't work too hard taking care of those babies while their mother is away. You don't have too much longer to go. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete