Monday, April 22, 2013

20 Weeks


How far along:
20 Weeks. Whoa, Baby, we're at the halfway point. You're not even out and you're already growing so fast. I could never believe when other pregnant ladies said they were amazed to be 20 weeks along, but now I'm with them on that amazement. This is kind of a huge milestone.


How big is the baby:
Baby is the size of a banana. Sometimes the fruit comparisons don't make sense to me.
image via babycenter


Weight gain/Maternity clothes:
Starting Weight: 291
Current Weight: 289.9
Total Gain: -1.1
Definitely gaining weight a little faster than I'd like at this point. I guess it's time to retire the ice cream.
Still in maternity pants (and super stretchy pre-preggo pants) & normal stretchy tops. I've decided to try not to spend any more money on clothes until later, when I actually know how big I will be. For now, I can wear stretchy tops with a cami layered underneath.

Movement?
I don't even know what's movement and what's gas anymore. I definitely feel something in there, especially when I'm tossing and turning all night or bending down or putting on shoes, etc.


Food cravings/aversions?
I love milk. Seriously, I have to limit myself on the amount I drink each day, because I could easily down about a gallon each day.

Gender?
6 days until our anatomy scan! (Except I never published this entry... so no we're at 1 day until our anatomy scan!)

Symptoms?
fatigue. irritability. headaches. gas. mild heartburn. growing belly is getting in the way. hip pain. vivid dreams.


What do I miss?
Sleeping for more than a few hours at a time. I usually fall asleep around 8 or 9 and sleep pretty well until 11-ish. Then I pretty much wake up every hour or so... to pee, my throat is dry and I need water, then I have to pee again, I'm too hot, I fell asleep on my hand and now it's tingly, my hips hurt so I have to turn over, my husband is snoring in my ear. That sort of thing.


This Week:
Baby Nerd weighs 10.5 ounces now and is 6.5 inches long crown to rump (if you measure head to heel, Baby is about 10 inches long -- this is how measurements will be taken from this point on.). Baby Nerd is swallowing more and giving the digestive system good practice for later. Also, Little Nerd is producing meconium now. It's building up for the first diaper change.
-From Babycenter.com


Bump Shot: 20 Weeks

1 comment:

  1. annie, you look so pretty in that picture! aw!!! so glad i'll actually get to see you in person soon! can't wait for tomorrow

    ReplyDelete