Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Bridal Showers

Two of my BFFs is getting married this summer! It's so exciting to be a part of this huge part of their lives. To clarify, they're not marrying each other... I've got two weddings to be a part of this summer. The first (Brett) in June & the second (Samantha) in August.

I've known Sam since the fourth grade (1997). We used to live across the street from each other and instantly became great friends. It's wonderful because we know each other so well that even when we have to go a long time without seeing each other
(like when we went to different high schools for four years) we can pick back up without missing a beat. And now she's met the love of her life so she gets to join the old married couples club.

But first, I'm hosting a shower for her in May. And this is what I've got so far. Because of several different factors I'm hosting it at my house. The theme will be sunshine because that is her nickname for Jeremy. I'm planning to incorporate a ton of yellow. Here are just a few ideas:




I think it will be pretty easy to incorporate yellow into my decorations & food. I will also swap out a lot of my everyday stuff for things specific to Sam & Jeremy. Mostly I can only think of pictures. But I would also like to make a large "P" to hang above my fireplace.... We'll see. I have a lot of ideas, but limited finances & time. Still I hope to make it a great shower because that's what she deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment