Thursday, February 14, 2013

11 Weeks


How far along:
11 Weeks.
Welcome to the fetal stage, Baby Nerd!
(Um... Wow. How did that happen? It seemed like these weeks were so far off in the future. At the same time, it still feels like 20 weeks is so far away too.)


How big is the baby:
The size of a fig. Other sites compare it to a lime.
image via babycenter


Weight gain/Maternity clothes:
As of yesterday, I'm holding steady at 285 which is -6lbs from starting weight.

Movement?
Little Nerd is moving around a lot in there, I just can't feel it yet.


Food cravings/aversions?
We love spicy foods and sweets. I don't love tomato based sauces right now. And Baby Nerd HATES pepperoni pizza. I swear, I haven't been so violently ill this entire pregnancy until I ate pepperoni pizza a few nights ago.


Gender?
Still a few weeks off. Still think it'll be a girl. J is warming up to the idea of a girl & I'm getting a little excited about having a baby boy. So either way, we'll be excited.


Symptoms?
Nausea, headaches, sneezing, food aversions, stuffy nose, cramps from my uterus stretching (it's almost the size of a softball now), my hands & arms often go numb at night (maybe I'm just laying on them), constipation, hot flashes... None of these are severe, just things I've been noticing happen since I got pregnant.


What do I miss?
Not much. I'm so happy to be pregnant right now.


What am I looking forward to?
The end of first tri (mostly for peace of mind). First appointment with Dr. Ross (which is still a few weeks away). Getting my energy back enough to start cleaning out the future nursery, because that's going to take a lot of time and energy. It's kind of become a storage room since we moved in.


Milestones:
Baby Nerd has officially graduated to a fetus. No more embryo talk for you. And also, not having to get shot in the bum every day.


This Week:
Little Nerd is almost fully formed now. This week s/he will begin hardening bones, hands will soon open and close into fists, and tooth buds are appearing under gums.
(From babycenter.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment