Thursday, February 28, 2013

Dear Baby (2)

You've now been on our minds for two months. I wonder how much you're growing and what you look like. There's a bunch of developmental guides on the internet, but it's not the same as actually seeing you. This past month has been less worrisome for me. Possibly because we've heard your heartbeat and seen your crazy dance moves. Today we went to the doctor and the nurse had such a hard time finding your heartbeat. But I wasn't worried because just this morning you made me sick, so I knew you were in there. She called you a little rascal and told me you were moving around too much. That means you're probably more like your momma than I'd like to admit. I can just picture you in my belly cracking yourself up because you think you're so cute being difficult and making the nurse work extra hard to find you.

Last night I dreamt that you had almost black hair like my mom and blue eyes like your dad. You were beautiful, Baby Nerd. It makes me that much more excited to meet you. September can't seem to get here fast enough! I can't wait to see your little face and hold your tiny hands. You'll get to meet your dad, who has been waiting so patiently for you for years. He's going to be such a good daddy to you. You'll be the star of all of his pictures and movies. He'll teach you about whatever new hobby he's into at the moment (for now it's DJ-ing, which I hope will come to an end before you realize how much fun loud noises are!). I can't wait for you to meet your aunts and uncles. Your Uncles Joe & Dillon will teach all the ways of comic book nerds. I don't know if you know this yet, but you come from a rich history of nerd-dom. Get used to it. Your Aunt Nise & Uncle Fran will be here when you arrive, but will probably leave before you get to really know them. But, we'll look at their picture and talk about them all the time so when they come home to visit, you'll know who they are. Then, when you're older, your Uncle Jordan and Aunt Hannah will come home and meet you. And, I'm pretty sure they're going to love you too. And you'll get to meet your cousins who will teach you about whales and bugs and how to swing and all the fun things cousins do.
You'll get to meet your grandparents and great grandparents who will be so amazed at everything you do and how much you learn. Your Mimsy will probably take you shopping a lot, just like her mom did for me. She'll probably spend a lot of time at the pool with you and you may even learn to swim while you're with her. Your Grammy will take you to parks and your Grandaddy will try to get you to ride on the tractor. It's ok if you don't want to, Mommy doesn't like it either. My dad (who hasn't figured out a grandfather name yet) will teach you how to play basketball and play catch. And we'll all come to your little league games and plays and concerts. And we'll all be so proud of you even when you strike out or forget your lines or play the wrong song. Because you're awesome Baby Nerd. You are awesome.

2 comments:

  1. aww.. you made me cry. So sweet and I can't believe that in just a few months you are going to have a little one. Cherish all the little moments even while pregnant because lord knows they grow up way to fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Nise loves baby shrimp! can not wait to see your precious little face!

    ReplyDelete