Wednesday, February 20, 2013

12 Weeks


How far along:
12 Weeks.

How big is the baby:
The size of a lime.
image via babycenter


Weight gain/Maternity clothes:
Still -6lbs. I ordered a pair of maternity capris, but probably won't wear them for another month or so. My pants are still tight, but still wearable so I haven't bought any other maternity clothes yet.

Movement?
Little Nerd is moving around a lot in there, I just can't feel it yet.


Food cravings/aversions?
We love spicy foods and sweets. I've noticed that my appetite disappears when I smell something cooking. Like at home, we've cooked chili, red beans and rice, hawaiian chicken, etc... It all smells pretty good while cooking (except the hawaiian chicken), but I just can't force myself to eat more than a few bites. But if we go somewhere or pick up some food, I'm fine. So, mostly baby & I stick to sandwiches and easy/quick prep food at home and dining out.

Gender?
Still a few weeks off.

Symptoms?
Nausea, headaches, sneezing, food aversions, cramps from my uterus stretching, my hands & arms often go numb at night (maybe I'm just laying on them), constipation, hot flashes... None of these are severe, just things I've been noticing happen since I got pregnant.

What do I miss?
Not much. I'm so happy to be pregnant right now.

What am I looking forward to?
The end of first tri (mostly for peace of mind). First appointment with Dr. Ross (which is still a few weeks away). Finding out the gender and deciding on a name (we've got the list narrowed down, but nothing definite yet).


Milestones:
Last week of first tri! Although technically, if you divide 40 by 3, you'll get 13.333... I'm saying week 13 is second tri and no one can stop me.


This Week:
Little Nerd will develop reflexes this week. Fingers will open and close, toes will curl, eyes will clench, mouth will make sucking movements. Baby will squirm in response to prodding my abdomen. Intestines will start to move into Nerd's abdominal cavity and the kidneys will begin excreting urine into  Baby's bladder. Brain synapses are forming quickly and the face looks like a human.
(From babycenter.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment