Thursday, May 9, 2013

23 Weeks


How far along:
23 Weeks.


How big is the baby:
Baby is the size of a large mango (other sites compare the size to a pomegranate or a grapefruit). This fruit thing is so confusing sometimes... also, he's about the size of a baseball glove which I think is appropriate since his nursery will be baseball themed.
-image via Babycenter


Weight gain/Maternity clothes:
Starting Weight: 291
Current Weight: 289.9
Total Gain: -1.1
Wearing maternity tops more often, although some are still loose & make me feel a little sloppy. I’ve been eyeing some more work appropriate shirts and possibly buying some jeans that will actually fit. My current maternity jeans have about 2 inch “wings” on each leg where my thighs/hips aren’t big enough. They wouldn’t be a problem if the wings didn’t stick straight out

Movement?
Feeling it more often, but still only when I concentrate. I’m ready for a kick to take me by surprise! And I’m super ready for J to be able to feel Ryker’s movements. A few nights ago, I put J’s phone on my belly after dinner and played Matisyahu. Ryker was definitely squirming around in there. There were a few undeniable kicks/punches! Ryker also enjoys dancing to Macklemore.

Food cravings/aversions?
Loves: meat, milk, sweet tea with lemon, spicy food (wings for lunch 2 days in a row and again today, probably), junk food (chips, fruit gummy snacks, etc), and lots of sweet cold things like icees and Frappuccinos (decaf, obvs) and DQ blizzards… just in time for me to have to take the glucose tolerance test again. 
Hates: not a whole lot... possibly orange juice and/or eggs (we had an episode at work where breakfast made a pretty violent reappearance). Lately the thought of vegetables doesn’t completely gross me out, so I’m planning to try to work those in after I go grocery shopping this weekend. 

Gender?
BABY BOY!

Symptoms?
fatigue, vomiting, pain in sides below ribs, hip pain and back aches, vivid dreams, belly getting in the way, hard belly (at the top), anxiety, always feeling hot (like one continual hot flash), heartburn, and I may or may not have wet my pants a little last week (hint: I did).

What do I miss?
I’m not a drinker, but I could really enjoy a nice cold beer by the pool. It’s not even hot enough yet for that, so I guess I’m anticipating missing that.

This Week:
Ryker’s sense of movement is fully developed now (so, time to have a little dance party on Self Lane). Blood vessels in the lungs are developing to prepare him for breathing on the outside. His hearing is getting better now that the bones in his inner ears are fully formed.
-From Babycenter.com


Bump Shot: 23 Weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment