Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Dear Baby (5)

Dear Ryker,
Wow. It's hard to believe that you've already been in my tummy for six months. On the other hand, it's hard to believe you've only been in there 6 months. I guess because we've wanted you here for so long, that it seems like we've been waiting forever to meet you.
Your daddy & I spent Memorial Day with Grammy and Grandaddy and we got to watch some old videos of your daddy and Aunt Jenise and Uncle Jordan. Soon, you'll learn all about Memorial Day and US Veterans. I hope you'll grow up taking these things more seriously than I did. (I have the sneaking suspicion that you will have to.) I hope you'll grow up patriotic and with a strong sense of duty and honor. Of course these are all things that will need to be instilled in you from day 1.
Lately, I've been having strage dreams that have me waking up with a sense of panic. Possibly my anxiety about becoming a mother -- your mother -- are surfacing. You're no longer some abstract idea or faraway goal. You're real and you're going to be here soon. And no matter how anxious I feel about that, I am more overjoyed at the thought of finally meeting you.

No comments:

Post a Comment