Monday, June 10, 2013

Miscellany Monday

Joining the lovely Carissa for some new material, since I only seem to write about Baby Nerd these days.

1. My phone will not stay charged. So, there won't be a ton of pictures. Boo. At least there's only one month left on the contract and then I can get a new phone (that will actually work!)

2. June is in-law month at Self Lane! J's brother and his family returned from Guatemala last week for a 6 week visit! And next week, J's sister and her family return from France to begin the next phase of their missionary journey. (photos from facebook)



3. On Saturday, my friends and I threw my beautiful BFF a baby shower. She is stunning of course. It was an intimate gathering, and we had a lot of fun! I didn't get to take any photos (because I have a lame duck phone) and the pictures that were taken haven't been uploaded to facebook yet.


4. I also love this map. Yay for linguistics. Never been prouder to be from the land of "y'all", "coke", and "slaw." (Map photo from the study.)


5. And one baby related listing. I am kind of at a loss on what to register for little Ryker! What do veteran moms actually use? I'd hate to waste someone's money because I think I'll need something (like a swing or bouncer... cuz they ain't cheap) and it turns out the kid won't even use it. So, I go back and forth between having next to nothing (aside from diapers and stroller) on the registry to going crazy and having everything on a checklist on the registry. Then I delete half the items and I'm back at next to nothing.





1 comment:

  1. I will say things are hit and miss with babies. Shiana loved her swing and jumper. Keylan hated them majority of the time. I would register for them and if he uses them awesome, if not put it up for maybe the next baby or sale in a few years. Register for a good carrier, loved mine with keylan and made life a lot easier for those "clingy" times. But there are Aton of things that I would not buy again.

    ReplyDelete