Thursday, June 6, 2013

27 Weeks

How far along:
27 Weeks. Whaddup third trimester?

How big is the baby:
Baby is the size of a head of cauliflower
-image via Babycenter


Weight gain/Maternity clothes:
Gained this week: 0
Total Gain: +4.9
No weight change. And I'm ok with that since my belly is still growing and he's still thrashing around in there. No change in clothes. Still have very limited wardrobe. Still complaining about it. Still not willing to spend money to buy more clothes.

Movement?
Mostly after I eat, early in the morning (around 4am & 6am), and in the evenings. I read somewhere that babies have 45 minute sleep cycles around this stage. Maybe mine sleeps more? (Please let this be the case!) Or maybe he's just not making such big movements? Because I don't really feel him as much as other people seem to feel their babies move.

Food cravings/aversions?
Still love milk so, so much. I have started sneaking lettuce and tomatoes onto sandwiches. Don't think he's caught on yet. Still too scared to eat a real salad.

Gender?
BOY!

Symptoms?
fatigue, nausea, vivid dreams, big belly, elevated temperature & sweating, mild swelling, heartburn, pain in sides below ribs, hip pain, increased apetite, tender breasts, breast changes, dry skin, clumsiness (more than usual), drooling, carpal tunnel in left arm, insomnia, irritability and so much crying lately.
Also, I have been feeling so off lately. I had to leave work early two days in a row because I just felt so bad - nauseated, extreme exhaustion, overly emotional, overheated, and with a terrible headache (that was probably responsible for all the crying...). At first I just thought, well this is third trimester pregnancy, but then I thought about what I've been doing differently and consulted with Dr. Google. I was probably dehydrated. Lately, water has seemed gross to me and I haven't been very diligent about drinking it. Started drinking a lot of water to replenish and I have started feeling SO much better.

What do I miss?
A full night of sleep.

This Week:
Ryker continues to grow and weighs about 2 pounds now. He's about 14.5 inches long. He can now open and close his eyes! He's sleeping at regular intervals and may have the hiccups (but I haven't felt anything like that yet).
-From Babycenter.com


Bump Shot:
See the tired eyes? I felt like poo at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment