Saturday, June 29, 2013

30 Weeks

How far along: 30 weeks (Whoa. I suddenly went from having so much time to get ready, to being in the 30’s. He could be here in as little as 7 weeks! Realistically, though, I’m thinking we’ll have to discuss induction once his due date passes… Not sure why... call it mother’s intuition?) Also, my daily countdown has us at 70 days til little man’s due date. 70 DAYS!

How big is the baby: Baby is the size of a head of cabbage. –image via babycenter

Weight gain/Maternity Clothes: Gained this week: +0.3, Total Gain: +9.7.

Movement: Pretty much all the time. Some of his harder & well placed kicks/jabs are starting to hurt.

Food cravings/aversions: Still drinking milk like it’s going out of style. Still don’t like salads, which is unfortunate because they’re kind of a summer lunch staple for me. I’m also having a difficult time making sure I eat enough vegetables without the salads. I thought about trying one, but I made a salad for J’s lunch this morning and seriously started gagging at the thought.

Gender: Boy.

Symptoms: Pregnancy brain (I seriously feel like I’m walking around in a fog about 80% of the time), big belly, big appetite, fatigue, sensitivity to smells, vivid dreams, mild nausea, heartburn, elevated temperature & lots of sweating, side/back pain, hip pain (OMG, this keeps me up at night!), tender breasts, dry skin, gas, heat rash/chafing, irritability, and mild swelling.

What do I miss: being comfortable and being able to sleep for more than an hour at a time.

This week: He’s a little over 15.5 inches long and weighs about 3 lbs. His eyesight is continuing to develop & will be about 20/400 at birth.  It feels like we’re just focusing on growing and putting on fat for the next 2.5 months.


Bump shot:
Kinda feels like the bump is smaller.

No comments:

Post a Comment