Monday, January 7, 2013

4 weeks


How far along:
4 weeks & a few days



How big is the baby:
The size of a poppy seed.
image via babycenter


Weight gain/Maternity clothes:
No gain.  Because I am so overweight I shouldn't gain too much during the course of this pregnancy... everything I read says 11-20 lbs is the appropriate range. No maternity clothes yet. My pants are tight (& have been for a long time, so I can't blame that on the baby). I am keeping my eyes peeled for clearance summer clothes to use my Christmas giftcards on.


Movement?
No real movement. Just cramps as my uterus expands.


Food cravings/aversions?
It's less about cravings and more about aversions right now. Pretty much the thought of any foods makes me a little nauseous, which is strange since I've always had an iron stomach. Yesterday I had fruit and it was delicious & didn't make me sick at all.


Gender?
Won't find out until sometime in April.


Symptoms?
Fatigue. That started before my test results. I was falling asleep on the couch almost every night around 7:30 or 8:00. Since going back to work after the holidays I've been taking naps after work from about 5-7 and then going to sleep for real from around 10- 4 or 5. I wake super early because I'm nauseated.


What do I miss?
Nothing! I love being pregnant! (Although I do find myself googling what's safe during pregnancy all the time.)


What am I looking forward to?
Telling our families and close friends this weekend and next week. My second beta is scheduled on Wednesday 1/2/13, so I'm excited to see where the numbers are & to schedule my first ultrasound.


Milestones:
Getting the phone call saying we're pregnant!

(Obviously, I had to hold off on publishing these until the news was public. This was originally written in December 2012.)




No comments:

Post a Comment