Monday, January 7, 2013

Christmas

We had Christmas on Self Lane this week. It was nice, but a little too quiet without J's whole family crammed into his parent house (they are in different countries). I enjoyed being able to spend more time than we usually get with my parents on Christmas morning. I also got to spend the Saturday before baking with my mother, mother-in-law, and a lot of my aunts. That was quite an experience. My poor kitchen is still recovering... so I've made sure not to cook anything since then. ;) We also got to go out to dinner with my grandmother and her husband. They only live about 30 minutes away, but we haven't seen them since the summer. So, it was nice to catch up with them.

I also had two appointments since the last update. Last week they measured my progesterone. It was around 6 and they want it around 15. So, they prescribed me a progesterone supplement. I'm taking it twice daily... And I don't even want to share HOW I have to take it.

And around 2:00 on a snowy December 26, I got a phone call from my doctor saying that my betas were positive. WE ARE PREGNANT!!!!!!! J & I are beyond thrilled. We are so happy and thankful and surprised. What a beautiful Christmas gift! I am still kind of in shock and just keep thanking God for this precious gift. I am thankful that we were able to get pregnant quickly (and relatively easily), but most of all I am so thankful that God has given us this precious gift.

(Obviously I am waiting to publish this until after we tell family and close friends. But we can't hide this news for very long, so we plan to tell our families this weekend and close friends as soon as possible after that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment