Friday, January 25, 2013

8 Weeks


How far along:
8 Weeks


How big is the baby:
The size of a kidney bean.
image via babycenter

Thebump.com says it's the size of a raspberry, which I think is cuter. So I'm saying raspberry.


Weight gain/Maternity clothes:
 Still no gain. Still no maternity clothes, although regular pants continue to be tight. I usually stick with dresses/leggings or have to resort to using the rubberband trick for my pants. My belly does seem to stick out more to me. Probably just bloat, and no one else notices it.
Edit: I've lost 5.5 lbs total since we found out. I'm not too worried about losing this much, but I am planning to discuss it with the nurse at my next appointment.

Movement?
Little Nerd is moving around in there, I just can't feel it yet.


Food cravings/aversions?
Nothing really grosses me out & I haven't had any real serious cravings this week. I still tend to stick with fruits, goldfish crackers, milk, and cereal. So healthy.


Gender?
We're about haf-way to finding out!


Symptoms?
Fatigue. Nausea. Constipation. Mood swings.


What do I miss?
Staying awake past 7:30. But I know the first tri is almost over & it'll be worth it in September!


What am I looking forward to?
The next ultrasound, of course! Also, it's nice to know there's only one month left before the second trimester honeymoon begins.


Milestones:
Mimsy got to see Baby Nerd on the ultrasound screen last week. Baby is looking more and more like a human. The face is starting to form and arms and legs continue to develop. Little Nerd has it's own blood type and blood cells are produced by the liver now.

2 comments:

  1. The first trimester was the easiest for me. The second has brought on headaches, fatigue, ligament pain, and grumpiness. =/ I hope that the second is nicer to you than it has been to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weight loss is normal. Some gain and others lose. Just means that all your extra calories are going toward making baby nerd big and healthy.

    ReplyDelete