Monday, January 7, 2013

Beta 2 & 5 Weeks

Yesterday I had my second round of beta testing. My levels were at 999.2. Last week they were at 56.4. That's a doubling time of 39.93 hours! Baby Nerd is looking good in there. I also get to schedule my third beta and first ultrasound for next week!!!! So excited!
Unfortunately, my results weren't all this good.  The nurse told me that my progesterone is still too low. On CD21 it was at 6 (& should be around 15) so they prescribed me a supplement. Then on Dec 26, my progesterone was at 12 (& with my pregnancy they want it at least 25), so they doubled my dosage. Yesterday it was only at 18 which means it's going up, but they still want it to be at least 25, so now I'm doing progesterone supplements 3x/day. It's not fun, but as long as it works, I'll be happy.


Now for the weekly check in:




How far along:
5 weeks



How big is the baby:
The size of a sesame seed/apple seed.
image via babycenter


Weight gain/Maternity clothes:
-2.5 lbs
Still no maternity clothes.



Movement?
Nope.


Food cravings/aversions?
No real cravings where I have to have something or it'll be the end of the world... Most food doesn't sound great except for meat and fruit. I guess Baby Nerd needs those vitamins & protein.


Gender?
Still a long way off.


Symptoms?
Fatigue. Some food aversion, although I'm not super nauseated all the time anymore. Vivid crazy dreams.


What do I miss?
Nothing! I love being pregnant!


What am I looking forward to?
Baby Nerd's heart starts beating this week!!!!
First ultrasound on Tuesday 1/8/13. Also, J is ready to announce on facebook, so we'll probably do that sometime after the third beta & first ultrasound.


Milestones:
Telling our families and close friends. Video to follow.

(Obviously I had to hold off on publishing this until our news was public. This was originally written on January 3, 2013)





No comments:

Post a Comment