Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Crud, Weight Loss, & Good Choices

I made it my goal to lose 10 lbs between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I did manage to lose 10 lbs, but it wasn't until New Years. Either way, I'm marking that in the "win" column. Actually, today two coworkers said I looked like I am losing weight. Win.

Also, the crud has hit Self Lane. J was sick all New Years Eve weekend and I woke up with a sore throat, lots of coughing (which probably caused the sore throat.), and the chills, but no fever yet. J has been sick almost every single New Years Eve since we started dating. I pretty much don't even make plans anymore because I know we'll be at home.

In other news, it's a new year which pretty much means I'm buckling down on spending and eating... two things we do in excess in November and December. My goal is to pay off two smaller debts by April. I would also love to build a savings account of about $1,000-$2,000, which is something we should've had from the beginning. But we don't.
I'm not making any specific weight loss goals this year like "lose x amount of pounds"but am going to try to focus more on making healthy choices. Lately I've been toying with the idea of cutting out sugar, but I don't know if I can do it cold turkey, so this week I've just been trying to limit it. I've also been concentrating on cutting out caffeine and sodas and only drinking water.

Hopefully making good choices will become a habit, in both eating and spending.

No comments:

Post a Comment