Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Beta 3 & Ultrasound

Yesterday we had our third beta test and our first ultrasound.
My hcg levels were 8958. Which is a doubling time of 45.36 hours & that's appropriate. My progesterone levels were still lower than they'd like. It was 20.2 & they want it at 25. Because I don't seem to be responding to the supplements they're prescribing me, they decided to go a different route and now I get to take progesterone in oil intramuscular shots every night. The shots don't bother me so much, but the fact that J refuses to give them to me does. Technically I can give the shots to myself every night, but that really limits the area in which I can give the shots. I've heard that these shots will over time make your backside sore. I can only imagine getting them in the same place will make it that much more painful.

We had our first ultrasound too! We finally got to see sweet Little Nerd! The clinic says I was 5w6d. But I disagree and think I was more like 5w5d or even 5w4d based on the day they gave my the trigger shot. Either way I am measuring a little behind at 5w1d so we weren't able to see the heartbeat yet. The ultrasound tech says it's normal to measure up to 1 week behind and said everything looks completely normal. I am so so happy to hear that. (Seriously, there has been so much anxiety and fear with this pregnancy. But I just have to trust in the Lord and know that He know what He's doing.)

It really feels real now...  J kept staring at the pictures on the way home yesterday. Be still my heart! He is going to be such a good daddy!




No comments:

Post a Comment