Thursday, January 31, 2013

9 Weeks


How far along:
9 Weeks


How big is the baby:
The size of a grape. (yum)
image via babycenter


Weight gain/Maternity clothes:
 Still -5.5 lbs despite polishing off a footlong sub for lunch yesterday. No maternity clothes yet, but I'm thinking about them.


Movement?
Little Nerd is moving around in there, I just can't feel it yet.


Food cravings/aversions?
Subway chipotle southwest sauce on a turkey sandwich with pepper jack cheese and almost all of the veggies subway offers (minus pickles and cucumbers and olives, yuck.) I ate that twice this week. And I could probably eat it again today. In fact, I might.


Gender?
We're about haf-way to finding out! I not-so-secretly think it'll be a girl. Not sure why, maybe because I want a girl so bad. (Obviously, I'll be ecstatic either way, I've just always wanted a baby girl.)


Symptoms?
Fatigue. Nausea. Constipation. Mood swings. These seem to be pretty constant. I've also started sneezing a lot. Not sure if it's a cold or a pregnancy thing.


What do I miss?
Regular bathroom happenings. (Trying to keep it clean, since my mother-in-law may read this.)


What am I looking forward to?
The next ultrasound, of course! Also, I meet with Dr. Houserman on Tuesday and we'll discuss moving to my regular Ob-Gyn.


Milestones:
Seeing my sweet little Nerd moving around at our ultrasound! J got to be there for that and it makes my heart swell.


This Week:
Little Nerd's heart finishes dividing into 4 chambers. Teeth are starting to form. The tail is gone (yay for being a human!). The external sex organs are in place, but won't be distinguishable for a few more weeks. My Nerd has tiny ear lobes. The placenta has developed enough to take over producing the hormones. Looks like there is an end in sight for all of my progesterone supplements. Basically, Little Nerd's organs are in place and it just needs to grow! (From babycenter.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment